Grim discovery on local highway
11-09-2019, 04:41 PM,
Grim discovery on local highway
The following article was posted today on the website of the national magazine Proceso. Here's the link. My translation of the most important parts follows.

Hallan una decena de bolsas con restos humanos en la carretera libre de Guanajuato a Silao

GUANAJUATO, Gto.- Diez bolsas de plástico con restos humanos fueron abandonadas en la carretera libre de Guanajuato a Silao, encima de ellas había un mensaje amenazante dirigido al Secretario de Seguridad Ciudadana de la capital, Samuel Ugalde García.

El hallazgo se reportó alrededor de las 5:00 de la mañana de este sábado, en el entronque entre la comunidad de Santa Teresa y la salida a Silao e Irapuato. . . .

La zona fue resguardada por elementos de seguridad de los tres órganos de gobierno.

Los restos estaban dentro de 10 bolsas de plástico y se presume que pertenecen a cuatro jóvenes que fueron privados de la libertad en Santa Teresa en días pasados.

En el lugar también se encontró una cartulina firmada por un grupo de la delincuencia organizada con amenazas para el secretario de seguridad ciudadana Samuel Ugalde García y con acusaciones a las víctimas de ser secuestradores y extorsionadores.

Servicios periciales se encargaron del levantamiento de los cuerpos, labores que llevaron más de cinco horas.

Ten bags of human remains found on the Guanajuato-Silao free highway

GUANAJUATO, Gto.- Ten plastic bags of human remains were abandoned on the Guanajuato-Silao free highway. On top of them was a threatening message addressed to the capital city's Secretary of Citizen Security, Samuel Ugalde García.

The discovery was reported at about 5:00 this Saturday morning, at the intersection between the community of Santa Teresa and the exit for Silao and Irapuato. . . .

The remains . . . were presumed to be those of four young people who were kidnapped in Santa Teresa some days earlier.

Also found at the site was a poster board signed by an organized-crime group with threats directed at the Secretary of Citizen Security Samuel Ugalde García and with accusations that the victims were kidnappers and extortioners. . . .

My comments:

In the photo accompanying the article, the name of the criminal group that signed the poster boards is clearly visible. However, its name does not appear anywhere in the article. If Proceso is afraid to name the group, I think I'll just follow its example. Look for yourself if you like, via the link above.

I do not see any reporting of this grisly discovery in either of our pathetic local papers, Correo and am.
11-09-2019, 07:14 PM,
RE: Grim discovery on local highway
Thanks, Donaldo. Though the news is indeed grim it is better to know than to
live in darkness. Dare we hope that GTO officials will pursue the culprits?. --doyle
11-10-2019, 09:58 AM,
The name of the cartel is named in this article.
https://guanajuato.lasillarota.com/estad...sas/334416
11-10-2019, 10:35 AM,
The way I see this is, Silao has been a narco battleground for some time, and now they're moving north.
11-11-2019, 03:13 PM,
I wonder if we will ever know who was responsible, and if/when there will be retailiation.
I'm not well informed about cartels, local or national, but the sign on one of the bags, posted on TV Guanajuato Canal 8's Facebook page, is signed by Grupo Elite. The other is signed CJNG. Of course it's possible that any person or cartel can write and sign another person's/group's name to deflect the blame.
I've seen conflicting posts about the content of the bags: how many bodies and who they were.
Please share here if anybody has news from a reliable source... if there is such a thing!

Attached Files Image(s)

11-11-2019, 04:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 04:09 PM by doncoulter.)
Grupo Élite is a subgroup of the CJNG. It's always possible, as you suggest, that some other group was responsible for these murders but signed the posters with those names to deflect attention. That happens occasionally.

An important point here is that there is no evidence that this horror involved two different cartels (as someone on that other forum speculated). My own hunch from reading the article above is that the victims were basically freelance punks, and that a cartel killed them as a warning to any other upstart competition.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local Secundaria school choices? Rooneys 0 967 02-12-2020, 11:16 PM
Last Post: Rooneys
  Local Home and Pet Caretakers Available leslieandfelipe 0 1,106 11-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: leslieandfelipe
  local mover Ann001 0 968 02-10-2019, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Ann001
  seeking local lawyer to contact Aduana Doyle Phillips 0 1,172 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips
  English classes for local Mexican residents Waymond Smith 1 1,358 12-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: jesm
  Local Authors alert Doyle Phillips 0 1,127 05-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips
  A different local bus question Izzenhood 2 1,683 09-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: roberb7
  Local orgs to support deportees? louisarogers 1 1,587 11-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Last Post: roberb7
  Looking for contact information regarding a local arquitect. JesusCG 0 1,639 04-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: JesusCG
  Local Writers Open Mic Gujack 0 1,447 04-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Gujack