Bus to Mexico City Airport?
10-19-2017, 07:53 PM,
Bus to Mexico City Airport?
Does anyone have experience with taking a bus from the GTO central bus station to the Mexico City airport? Does any run directly? Etc. Thanks.
10-19-2017, 08:34 PM,
RE: Bus to Mexico City Airport?
I don't think we have direct bus service from GTO to MEX airport. There is direct service from
Queretaro to/from the Mex airport. So you can bus to QTO and change onto the airport.
On many occasions we have taken the ETN bus to Terminal Norte in CDMX and then a taxi to airport. Taxi is around 150 pesos.
Similarly there is a direct bus from Leon to GDL airport.
11-05-2017, 10:56 PM,
I believe both ETN and Primera Plus go to the Mexico Norte bus station. I see ETN has a 4:40A arriving at 10A and a 7:40A arriving at 13:00. From there you can take a cab or the subway to the airport. I am cutting and pasting instructions FROM the Airport TO the bus station from a letter I sent my sister. You should reverse the direction of course going the opposite way:

Airport to Bus Station (reverse for the reverse route) (Forgive I don't have time to write this in reverse order but surely you can figure it out - googling the subway map while you read it can help.)

To get to the subway from the airport, walk down to the end of the International terminal, (past Krispy Kreem LOL), counting down gate numbers high to low on the ground floor and on past gate 1 and once you pass the final gate 1, you will be outside. Now once outside you keep walking outside around a tall curved white wall and when you reach the end of the tall white curved wall, then you turn to the left beside the fence and you then walk down the stairs into the subway. You will be at "Terminal Aerea" on Line 5 (yellow). From here you will head north, staying on the single line 5 yellow to reach the “Autobusses del Norte” (bus station), also on Line 5 (yellow).

As you first enter the subway at the airport you will buy a card with credits (only 1 needed). You will be right on the top of the line you want (yellow Line 5). If you wonder which direction to head, the end of the line name (last time I was there it was Politecnico) and hop on the train that direction. Note that some trains will have the last 2 cars reserved for women and children (or is it the front 2?). Now hop aboard the yellow Line 5 and the stops to count off will be the Oceana, Aragon, Eduardo Molina, Consulado, Valle Gomez, La Raxa and then get off (still on the yellow line) at “Autobusses del Norte”. Back above the ground you will see the bus terminal across a large parking lot. Now go find the ETN or bus you have chosen.
11-06-2017, 09:27 AM,
At 5 pesos Terminal del Norte to the airport is a steal. Even more so if you have an INIPAM card. There are downsides - Rush hour or crowded trains and long long walks. The airport is across the highway from the Metro station and once on the correct side is is quite a haul through the domestic terminal to the International one. Take a taxi - really how cheap can you get when a taxi is priced from around $3 to $10?

Attached Files Image(s)

11-06-2017, 07:47 PM,
The Yellow Line is generally much less crowded than the rest of the Metro, because it doesn't go downtown.
There's a major exception to this, however; December 11-12, the day before and the day of the Virgen de Guadalupe. One of the main pilgrimage routes is the Circuito Interior, which goes right by the airport, and the Yellow Line runs parallel to it. And, if you take a bus or taxi during this period, it will be painfully slow going. So, the best thing to do is, mark these two days on your calendar, and don't book any flights to or from MEX on them.
If you ignore this wise piece of advice, you'll be sorry.
11-06-2017, 10:08 PM,
Subway runs on a schedule, a taxi does not. How cheap can you go - "even cheaper" ;-) Mom used to say "a fool and his money soon part" and most Mexican's say "Pinchy Gringo!" when I pass. Good to have the both options :-)
11-06-2017, 10:15 PM,
Actually if you haven't explored the Mexico subway system, it's quite an educational walk. From inter-terminal walkways that are dimly lit like a planetarium with stars above you all across the imaginary sky, to countless Mexico history lessons, to walks down famous imaginary lanes of other lands, all of it can be quite fun. Of course nothing shows you the heartbeat of the city like a taxi ride. In Mexico city there are so many fun options. Do enjoy yourself whichever travel method you may choose.
11-06-2017, 11:49 PM,
DonJuane, I hope you realize that "pinche Gringo" is not a compliment and doesn't mean that you're pinching pennies!
11-07-2017, 07:44 PM,
I try not to get my panties in a bunch most of the time (remind me of that on my next Telcel office visit). I used to be called "pinchy" after sometimes long periods of negotiation. when a vendor offered something and I kept after him for long periods of price haggling to the point of him finally giving up. I don't buy tchotchkes any more so I don't get the opportunity to haggle for fun like I used to. I also have taken on the bad habit of referring to myself in any derogatory form that will buy me a cheap laugh, including racial slurs because I like to show anyone that I try to be open minded about things and don't mind a chuckle from name-calling in fun for a few laughs while trying to prove I don't have a chip on my shoulder in the process. It's a good ice breaker for a lot of people but then you sometimes run into the ones who you spar with who themselves have their panties in a bunch. Then all your efforts to joke with them have fallen in vain.

Anyway I looked it up in the urban dictionary and the meaning is wide. Still whatever anyone wants to call me, it's OK, especially if it involves a laugh or a smile ;-)
11-09-2017, 12:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 12:10 PM by Castro.)
There are no direct buses from Guanajuato to the airport in Mexico City, unless something has changed recently. In the past, I took a bus to Querétaro and from Querétaro you can take a bus that will drop you off at the door of the airport. Once you reach the airport, two stops are made. One at terminal 1 and another at terminal 2. Hope this can be useful !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English speaking Al-Anon in Guanajuato Mexico Forestmoods 0 186 11-15-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Forestmoods
  Expats In Mexico Survey 2022 roberb7 2 872 02-09-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: jesm
  Orthopedist in Guanajuato city suzyngto 0 795 08-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: suzyngto
  Covid Tests at Guadalajara Airport James Doran 2 1,258 04-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Last Post: James Doran
  How to register for the Covid Vaccine in Mexico - Now Open for 60+ year olds Glenn Wilson 10 2,838 02-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Glenn Wilson
  Mexico imposes restrictions on DEA activity roberb7 7 2,122 01-04-2021, 01:20 PM
Last Post: DonJuane
  Mexico's 5-stage Covid vaccination plan kasugie 0 972 12-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Last Post: kasugie
  News Wire Mexico: Guanajuato News Glenn Wilson 3 1,697 10-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Last Post: MissMyBike
  Looking for longterm Rental in GTO City davol001 1 1,581 04-23-2020, 12:15 PM
Last Post: pianoheat
  Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (April 6, 2020) Doyle Phillips 0 1,189 04-06-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips