Restaurante los Campos, Plaza Baratillo, Guanajuato
12-24-2013, 07:15 PM,
RE: We are open.
Here is yet another rave review for Los Campos. My wife and I ate there this afternoon, and everything about the experience was excellent. Our food was delicious, beautifully presented, and reasonably priced. Every item on the menu looks to be inventive--recognizably "Mexican," yet different from what you'll find anywhere else. The ambience is lovely, the music is pleasant and not too loud, and the owners, Michael and Roc?o, are charming.

Los Campos is, in short, one of the best restaurants in town. It deserves our support.

Don
02-02-2014, 12:14 AM,
Admin, the hermit, rarely gets to town -
Our hours are 2pm to 10pm every day in December.
In January we will probably start taking Sundays off.

OK the above doesn't mention February but 2:45pm sin gemelos on Saturday 1 Feb puertas cerradas. What gives?

We were looking for something fancier than a torta but Los Campos was closed.
02-02-2014, 02:04 AM,
Sorry about that.
We have changed hours a bit. First couple of months is all trying to find the right formula.
I did update the website but not here.
We are open from 1pm to 10pm Tuesday - Friday
3pm - 10pm Saturday and Sunday
Closed on Mondays (still wading through paperwork for our business and liquor license...need a day a week to office hop)

This week because of the long weekend we are open Monday and closed Tuesday to visit our friends at the local municipal govt.

Our weekend hours will extend a bit later once we have beer and wine to sell.

Thanks again all for your continued support.
03-07-2014, 12:18 AM,
Admin -the hermit- picked another good night to go to town and try Los Campos - WRC Rally night when all centro is closed to traffic. Remarkably we got a taxi from la Presa right to the restaurant door on Alonso.

Geo and Leah, our three year olds, wanted pizza [coming soon] but had to settle for some pre-ordered non-challenging spaghetti but then our mouth watering Tapas Fuertes arrived -Carne de res cocinada en vino tinto con tomates asados y papas con hierbas de olor y - Carne de puerco con nueces y champinones rostizados and bit by bit our plates were robbed by the little ones. No problem we just ordered more plus as a sort of desert the Ensalada de la casa (verduras, manzana, fresas, durazno, arandanos y nueces con aderezo de durazno y perejil).

Excellent meal - modest price and we'll go back.

Two comments:
A side of bread [from Gil?] for the Tapas Fuertes would be great - why let all that sauce go to waste? [The kids had bread so we all dipped with that - and hadn't they I'm sure if we asked there would be no problem].

The Carne de Res was accompanied with herbed baby potatoes. The Carne de Puerco was served solo. My wife thought a little mould of rice [wild?] or cous cous on the side would be a pick up .
03-08-2014, 10:27 AM,
RE: Restaurante los Campos Calle Alonso Guanajuato GTO
That sounds great! I want to eat my way thru the menu, starting, next visit, with the drunken guacamole. I never would have thought of adding mezcal to guac but sounds great. Very inventive foods. Let's not say too much about the reasonable prices tho. I wouldn't want Mykul to hear us mention that.
03-11-2014, 12:03 AM,
I'm so lucky! Los Campos is the closest restaurant to my house -- I think I've died and gone to heaven. Any time I want to go out to eat something inventive and delicious I just pop down the block. Wonderful place; I've never been disappointed!
05-04-2014, 08:58 PM,
We are usually closed on Mondays but we thought we would open this Monday for the 5th of May.

We have a great menu del dia in store with sopes and pulled pork tostados taking the starring role. Includes dessert and agua fresca for 70 pesos.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow!
05-20-2014, 12:13 PM,
RE: Restaurante los Campos, Plaza Baratillo, Guanajuato
After a month or so in our new location we have decided to change our hours up a bit.

Our new hours will be from 3pm to 11 Tuesdays through Sunday, we are still closed on Mondays.

From Tuesday to Friday we will be offering our Soup and Sandwich special for $50 pesos from 3 - 6.

Hope to see you soon!
06-13-2014, 11:43 PM,
Went to Los Campos today in the gorgeous new location and it was exceptional as *highly* expected. Definitely plan on being a regular. Michael was gracious enough to loan a book so I can further explore GTO. I am very excited such a great expat business is going to clearly thrive here.

Cheers!
06-28-2014, 01:26 PM,
Hello everyone!

As we get a little closer to obtaining our full liquor license the municipality has granted us the right to serve alcohol tomorrow Sunday June 29th until 6 pm. This is on account of the big world cup game.

Of course we do not have televisions and will not be showing the game but not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth we will be serving locally brewed Gambusino beer and also will be pouring ViƱedos Santa Elena's Entre Tanto red blend by the glass. This is wine from our friends in Aguascalientes and will be our house red once we get the paperwork done.

Hope to see a few of you tomorrow afternoon!

Michael

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guanajuato English Speaking AL-Anon meeting Forestmoods 0 49 04-03-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Forestmoods
  English speaking Al-Anon in Guanajuato Mexico Forestmoods 0 186 11-15-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Forestmoods
  Guanajuato Symphony 2023 Izzenhood 0 577 09-06-2022, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Izzenhood
  US women welcome to come to Guanajuato for abortion pills and abortion assistance roberb7 0 673 12-22-2021, 02:00 PM
Last Post: roberb7
  Earthquake hits Guanajuato State DonJuane 8 1,751 09-14-2021, 02:39 PM
Last Post: DonJuane
  Orthopedist in Guanajuato city suzyngto 0 794 08-26-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: suzyngto
  Guanajuato Municipal League baseball roberb7 3 1,476 04-23-2021, 01:36 PM
Last Post: roberb7
  Very famous people who have visited Guanajuato Izzenhood 3 1,526 02-19-2021, 12:31 AM
Last Post: mario carranza
  News Wire Mexico: Guanajuato News Glenn Wilson 3 1,697 10-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Last Post: MissMyBike
  Official website for City of Guanajuato ?? Doyle Phillips 11 3,279 04-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jesm