seeking a dwelling the lowlands
05-24-2020, 03:32 PM,
seeking a dwelling the lowlands
Hoping you may know of something that fits the bill.

> If possible:
> 1. Single level
> 2. Partial furnish, fridge and stove
> 3. Sun most of the day
> 4. Distant from bells and barking
> 5. 2 bedrm minimum
>
> Please reply with pics and price.
> Move-in 1 July or a week before
06-06-2020, 08:37 AM,
RE: seeking a dwelling the lowlands
Hi Doyle

I have a 2 bedroom one bath it is completely furnished we have a place to store stuff you don't want. It is all on one level 23 gradual steps up a callejon It's not bathed in sunshine but has a nice patio that gets good light. There is occasionally some muffled noise from the street but we lived there for years and found it comfortable. It is currently advertised on Casa Solaris website where you can see pictures the ask is $500 U.S. but we would do 9000 pesos Utilities and internet included
06-07-2020, 01:50 PM,
We have a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment bathed in sunlight with a tremendous garden in front and in back. It is an oasis in the heart of the centro. I just had a back terrace added to it and there is a front terrace. The escalera to the rooftop is almost finished.

I can send some photos later today if you are still interested.

The location is just a bit up the hill from the Baratillo. Requires some strength but we usually walk up the Calzada de Guadalupe because it is an easy grade. There is a callejon cut-off before the steep part.

The place is phenomenal so the rent is a little high at $650 per month which includes all utilities except the propane. This is a more modern home built in the sixties, I think.

James
360-393-9506
[email protected]
06-14-2020, 08:08 PM,
Welcome back Doyle! Glad you made it out unscathed.
06-15-2020, 11:18 AM,
GTO is quite manageable if you can indeed find a place in the lowlands but (showstopper) not so much in the age of the corona virus. I hope it's only temporary but considering that most must depend heavily on public transportation to get us to the store and back with our typical arm-fulls of bags in this city (and even if we own a car since it's usually parked far away), we need to consider some outside the box thinking I believe and especially now. During these times one really needs their own vehicle and a way to stay at least temporarily in the outskirts with very nearby parking or in a city outside of GTO where they can park nearby and thus run to the market in the car without having to take a lot of public transportation. With June 1 causing everyone including taxi drivers to drop their masks like hot potatoes, the landscape certainly takes different turns and presents different obstacles and almost on a daily basis.

Since it's now a renters market, you might also consider trying to find a 3-6 month lease in San Miguel de Allende or another city where there is the ability to drive or walk to markets with acceptable amounts of supplies "in tote". This of course assumes you found that car you were looking for. Still it's easier to walk long distances in SMdA if need-be with an incentive of a lot more "gringoized" markets if you long for the organic and gourmet "scene". If you didn't end up finding a car when you were last looking, you might then consider some of the more economical rentals "outside the loop" of SMdA, e.g. just behind the La Comer at the end of the Ancha.

It's during times like these that we do a lot of soul searching about where we really want to live. GTO has a great view if your are lucky enough to have a spot around the punch bowl but it also has some other considerations as I am sure you are seeing now. While I can't stand the pretentiousness and flaunting by the significant amount of people that live in San Miguel de Allende with all the bonnets, Panama hats, as well as those strolling and prancing people with designer dogs and with the general belief that restaurant patrons are dying to adore those dogs under all our feet, still the food and grocery scene there is pretty attractive and maybe even enough to make all the other obnoxious stuff palatable. Of course the restaurants are great there but one might as well stay in the US if they are going to eat at a "high on the hog" level like that. A San Miguelite and his money soon part, seems the adage.

Much to consider and more than would fit in this forum, unfortunately. Best of luck to you.
06-16-2020, 06:09 PM,
u make much sense.
i'm still too weak to reply at
length. more later. dp
06-21-2020, 02:04 PM,
Doyle:

My photos of the apartment seem to be too large to post on the GTO List. If you give me your email I will send them to you directly. It is a lovely apartment. It is not entirely in the "flatlands". But it is well below the panaramica and very close to the Baratillo and the Jardin.

I will try to send a few more pictures this way but I am not getting any success.

James    

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking input for article on how to show respect to locals and avoid condescension louisarogers 0 200 01-28-2020, 12:08 PM
Last Post: louisarogers
  Seeking Mole mule to Cholula/Puebla DonJuane 0 204 08-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Last Post: DonJuane
  Burgled and so seeking to buy Doyle Phillips 1 368 06-26-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sue100
  seeking local lawyer to contact Aduana Doyle Phillips 0 221 01-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips
  Seeking attorney regarding landlord issues Waymond Smith 1 417 08-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Last Post: mr bill
  seeking long term rental Ann001 0 334 08-15-2018, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Ann001
  Addendum to my search for a dwelling to rent Doyle Phillips 0 342 06-29-2018, 10:57 AM
  Seeking Rental in the Campo rio grande 5 583 05-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Last Post: jesm
  Have a dwelling for rent beginning mid-May or 1 June??? Doyle Phillips 0 436 03-21-2018, 01:18 PM
  Seeking short-term homestay & Spanish Immersion in January 2018! neenbean 0 588 11-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: neenbean