Amazon.com.mx deliveries
12-17-2019, 11:48 AM,
Amazon.com.mx deliveries
I understand that I can order items on amazon.com.mx and have them delivered to OXXO in Gto center. Has anyone had experience doing this? Would I have to ask permission first at OXXO? Can you describe the process? Thanks in advance!
12-17-2019, 12:12 PM,
RE: Amazon.com.mx deliveries
We use the Amazon delivery to the larger Oxxo in Centro opposite Atrio as items can't be delivered directly to our house due to difficult access etc. When placing your order at the delivery page choose the "Punto de Entrega" option. The first item we got delivered only gave us the option to have it delivered to the Estafeta on Nejayote #17 D, Col. Los Pastitos, the Oxxo close to us was "greyed out" and Amazon said it was because the item was too expensive to be delivered to an Oxxo. We then ordered a couple of other items , less expensive, and the option of having them delivered to the Oxxo then came up. We had to get a taxi to pick up at the Estafeta but that was OK as we had searched stores in town for the item with no luck. The Oxxo was super easy to pick up from and walkable for us. They hold the package behind the check out counter. You have to show a picture ID and have the amazon tracking number, I used my Colorado drivers license as ID. We have discovered that only Amazon Prime items can be delivered this way not any items from other vendors and they can't be items labelled "importacion" so it does cut down your choice. Hope that helps a little.
12-18-2019, 12:07 PM,
Thank you Abbubble, for your detailed answer! Yes, it helps greatly.
12-18-2019, 02:49 PM,
I have always had items delivered to my home from both Amazon in MX and from the US. I don't have a prime account tho after the last order from Amazon.com.mx they gave me a month of Prime. Tho it is sometimes hard for people to find my house, Amazon and DHL always know where I am. The Amazon.com.mx used DHL the last time. Before that the computer I bought from the US was delivered to my home in an unmarked van. I have picked things up from Estafeta which is easy. I'd be less interested in picking something up at OXXO.
12-23-2019, 11:19 PM,
I've always heard that mailing items from the US to Mexico was problematic with long delays and sometimes no arrival at all.
Is Amazon better as far as timing and assured arrival? Is DHL more reliable that regular mail?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to Become an Expat" book on Amazon GTOfan 1 1,060 05-12-2021, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Mikel1
  Amazon Mexico Now Full Service kasugie 10 6,114 09-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: mr bill
  Amazon Mx jesm 7 3,809 08-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Clemens
cat Ask Amazon to help stop censorship by bullet Doyle Phillips 0 1,607 01-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips
  does amazon deliver to mexico? dermotwa 17 12,187 09-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Last Post: doncoulter
  Amazon shipping Mayra 3 3,245 12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Last Post: doncoulter