Authoritative guess about the gas problem?
01-10-2019, 11:22 AM,
RE: Authoritative guess about the gas problem?
Copy from SMA Civic List this morning:

Re: Is there gasoline now?
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:54 am (PST) . Posted by:
"Jackie Brummund"
Alida..I saw on mex TV (and it was also written on the notizias) that Mobil
gas comes by train from USA into San Luis Potosi and therefore is totally
independent from Pemex..and that is why they have gas..(dont know the Shell
logistics)
Jackie B
El jue., 10 de enero de 2019 7:01 a.m., Alida Ruiz dogtrainersma@yahoo.com
[Civil_SMA] <Civil_SMA@yahoogroups.com> escribió:

> I filled up at the Mobil Cinco de Mayo next to the old Longhorn. Premium
> only. Odd that they can get gas and the other stations cant don't you
> think? The attendant told me it's because they are not Pemex. If that's
> the case why doesn't the Shell station have gas. Are they Pemex?
> Alida

> On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 7:36:56 PM CST, Jackie Brummund
> jasma256@gmail.com [Civil_SMA] <Civil_SMA@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> Leon has SOME stations open..most lines go on forever...this morning we
> were told limit of 500 p right now per car..45 min wait..and we were
> forewarned regarding gas for stationary tanks for home will also be
> affected shortly..be aware
> Jackie B
01-10-2019, 11:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 11:56 AM by roberb7.)
I can answer the question about Shell. Mobil is the only (solamente, seulement, eneste) chain that doesn't get their gasoline and diesel from Pemex. So, there's no difference between Shell, BP, Gulf, Refsol, Oxxo, and Pemex.
01-10-2019, 01:57 PM,
There's a slight difference in all those stations. On average traveling across Mexico last year I found that Pemex was always able to get a little more diesel in my tank than Shell. For some reason my 26 gallon tank always held a little more at Pemex, maybe up to 30 gallons LOL.
01-14-2019, 09:36 PM,
I had read an article where Puebla leads the nation in “taps” in their states pipelines with 1500 plus illegal access points. Then Guanajuato and Jalisco with 1200+ each. I guess they have to stop the flow of flammable liquid, fix, reinstate product flow then guard. Huge and expensive problem with no easy fixes. Maybe costs will drop as long as security costs less than the theft. It would be nice if the people could see a positive out of this eventually. Time will tell.
Mike

01-15-2019, 04:00 PM,
I, for one, don't have any trouble seeing this as positive. The alternative is to run up a white flag and say "we surrender" to the narcos.
The $3 billion that the narcos have been taking in from fuel theft every year is money that they can use to bribe politicians, law enforcement people, and journalists. It corrupts the entire system.
01-15-2019, 05:17 PM,
My thoughts are (realizing that no one's thoughts spoken on this issue are worth more than a peso):
a) who never had even a small idea that this was coming (and that the fuel supplies pouring out in to buckets would not eventually tap dry)
b) billionaires don't go down easy and thus the backlash is really yet to begin
c) that backlash can possibly fly back into the streets and "closer to where we live" (as if the gas station was not close enough)
d) all of a sudden the masked men who have been run off the pipeline will be looking for other means to restore their cash cows

So it's not over until the fat lady sings and assuming the military comes in full force to protect the pipelines while severing the flow of gold to the crooks (black gold, Texas Tea, take your shoes off) some people are not going to be very happy and we've yet to see just what that may involve. My guess is the coming months are not going to be a real pretty picture, whether the taps are ignored and gas flow goes again to zero or the lines are protected and the bats come out of the cave with open mouths. Cuidado y buenos suerte.
01-15-2019, 05:27 PM,
"The alternative is to run up a white flag and say "we surrender" to the narcos."

Um, no, roberb7. There was more than one alternative. AMLO and his administration chose a drastic option, one that has unnecessarily hurt many innocent people. A more thoughtful solution might have been to have some tanker trucks ready before cutting off the fuel supply to half the country.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gas Gadget done gone? Doyle Phillips 3 1,301 07-14-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: DonJuane
  Gas explosion killing 85 persons colleen 0 919 01-20-2019, 09:20 PM
Last Post: colleen
  still only one gas station pumping? Doyle Phillips 9 2,128 01-17-2019, 02:36 PM
Last Post: jesm
  GTO top brass head to Texas to buy gas DonJuane 0 1,203 01-12-2019, 06:23 PM
Last Post: DonJuane
  gas tanks Ann001 1 933 12-28-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Ann001
  Residential Gas Service MissMyBike 3 1,746 08-22-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: MissMyBike
  where to buy a gas heater? dermotwa 3 2,111 11-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: The Duck
  Beware Gas Tank Burglars! laconstance 1 1,701 08-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: DML
  cost and availability of young men to move stuff, question about gas tank colleen 12 6,186 03-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Lisa Andrews
  SKY tv problem TBurr 0 1,276 12-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Last Post: TBurr