T.I.P questions
01-11-2019, 11:05 AM,
T.I.P questions
So we've been here on our Temporal visa since May, and in September we brought our car down to Guanajuato as well. We dropped our California insurance, figuring we could reinstate it if needed (we're not planning any auto trips back to the US any time soon). However, we recently received a notification from the CA DMV that since they had no record of insurance on the car, they would be revoking our registration in Feb. We could change the car's status to non-operational in CA, but I'm wondering if that would have any bearing on the status of our T.I.P.
Does anyone here have experience with a similar situation, or an opinion?
01-29-2019, 06:42 PM,
RE: T.I.P questions
Our vehicle is here in Mexico as well. It is my understanding from Banjercito, our Mexican insurance agency and Mexico that full coverage must be kept on the vehicle at all times while in Mexico. If you were to have an incident your insurance company can refuse to pay and Mexico can tow your vehicle, along with losing your deposit on your TIP?. The rules are very specific. If you were to get pulled over with out a current insurance card, you could possibly get fined and towed. It is quite costly to keep our vehicle here, but we felt it was worth it since we drive back and forth to the states. I hope this information helps.
Living each day to the fullest~
Angela Boles-Reed
01-31-2019, 03:38 AM,
RE: T.I.P questions
There is a lot of info on the subject in this article that may be of interest:
Taking A Car to Mexico Permanently: How to Import a Car to Mexico