Just a quick hello to the community.
07-26-2015, 02:29 PM,
Just a quick hello to the community.
My name is Jim Ziemke. I just wanted to take a moment to introduce (or reintroduce) myself to the community here on GtoList. I've been sort of a part-time resident of this beautiful city of Guanajuato for many years but my work situation has only just changed sufficiently to let me live here more full-time. My Bio has more background info for the curious. Bottom line is I hope to spend a lot more time in Mexico and I'd like to get involved with the expat community as well. Hope to hear from some of you. :)
08-08-2015, 07:45 AM,
RE: Just a quick hello to the community.
I am a part time visitor myself but I noticed no one welcomed you so I will extend my kind welcome even though I am like you were previously, a part time resident. So welcome.

There is a group that gets together on Sunday for breakfast and the details I believe are posted here. It is informally known as the "Gringo breakfast". This group here is a bit different I have found than in most other cities because in general they seem to integrate into the local community as a primary social outlet, and with that there is not so much of a focus on Gringo club type activities.

Now personally I think that is great and really one of the things I like best about Guanajuato. But since no one welcomed you to the city, and even though I am not here all the time, I wanted to step in and do so.

Enjoy Guanajuato, it is a really great place to become part of the true Mexican culture.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meeting of community watch group Sandra Ward 0 1,637 11-05-2015, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Sandra Ward
money ALL MEXICAN BANKS - WARNING TO THE FOREIGN COMMUNITY meroberts 1 2,841 10-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Jzmackenzie
  Gay and Lesbian Community in Guanajuato? enigma184 5 7,120 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: KenMacD
  Community Associations admin 0 2,654 02-16-2010, 12:21 AM
Last Post: admin