El Cubo Mine
07-23-2015, 03:26 PM,
El Cubo Mine
Here are some pics from underground from the post we had before:
1 - portal, where we drive into one part of the mine Dolores - there are a few other accesses to including the satellite mine Santa Cecilia which is connected underground
2 - We have lots of ladders underground still, and people work of these to continue drilling vertically
3 - A scoop, mainly used to transport mineral but also to lift people up to help with services like air and water they are attached to the bucket with a strap
4 - These are the drills that we use in most places - jackleg/airleg/maquina de pierna, we have teams of 2 for each machine but they can be operated by 1 person which we are in the process of training
5 - One of the scoops underground, we have a selection between 2 yards and I think 6 yards

Hope you like the photos :)

Attached Files Image(s)

07-23-2015, 03:27 PM,
RE: El Cubo Mine
We also have wooden ladders like the zacatecas mine but no small children and a little bit more safety gear!

Attached Files Image(s)

07-23-2015, 10:33 PM,
RE: El Cubo Mine
Lisa

Thanks for posting this info on mining in Guantajuato. I visited Guanajuato in 2006 and hiked around a bit and talked with miners when I could, Canadian at The Irish Pub and Mexicano at El Incendio. I have been in mining exploration for about 40 years, which was one reason why I visited Guanajuato, other reasons being the climate, and the expectation that I would experience real Mexico. I was not disappointed. I think one of the operating mines that I stumbled across was run by the Santa Fe Cooperative, which I had no understanding of at the time. I'm current reading Elizabeth Ferry's book "Not Ours Alone" about the cooperative. Hope to visit Guanajuato again this winter; a wonderful place.

regards

Stephen Lappin
Grand Junction, Colorado

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  El Cubo closing jesm 0 677 11-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Last Post: jesm
  Are there mine tours other than these two? Izzenhood 0 923 12-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Izzenhood
  Mine blasting question Mel?mana 8 4,180 12-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Last Post: KathrynW