Aguascalientes
07-22-2015, 08:52 AM,
Aguascalientes
Heard from a friend that he was disappointed in the spa he chose there due to cool water temperatures.
I would appreciate any/all comments concerning the town & spas.
07-22-2015, 10:31 AM,
RE: Aguascalientes
Personally I didn't like aguascalientes and the tolls to get there were really high. Could have just been a bad night since the train broke down and it took us ages to get to the centre because it blocked lots of the accesses and there was lots of traffic but to me it just felt like a city. I have no desire to really go again but I might have missed something.

The next day we went to Yolihuani spa and did a temazcal and wrap which was amazing (it is about an hour away and in the middle of nowhere). We also had a massage but that was average and we were over it by then.
http://yolihuanitemazcales.com/index.php/temazcales
The temazcal is private and they gave us exfoliant and masks that you put on during the first bucket of water, then we got fresh stones and cleaned off and sweated some more. We then got wraps then another rinse off and then a massage. I would do the temazcal and wrap again or switch to a massage but the girls we had did them very lightly. The food here was also quite average sounding (but I am into vegetarian and gluten free) so I would bring snacks for afterwards unless you actually stay there which would be perfect for an early morning temazcal but the massage ladies didn't start until 10/11am

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ready for somewhere different, Day of the Dead? Aguascalientes raquelita 3 2,503 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Mykul