Eats and Sleeps...economic, but decent.
02-16-2013, 12:39 AM,
RE: Eats and Sleeps...economic, but decent.
Casa Bertha on Plaza Meximora is a great place to stay. At least it was in 2006. They have a website
02-18-2013, 06:08 PM,
Un Dia Sin Ti - not a chance
Based on the recommendations I saw here, I went to Un Dia Sin Ti today with the intention of eating lunch there.

When I walked in, there was a guy sitting at a table smoking a cigarette.

I won't be setting foot in this place again.
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM,
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgPhN92WUI4vQjrTLuoLl...i3zecus3FA]
[Image: logo_sptimes_lrail.gif] What do you do after stabbing someone? Relax, smoke a cigarette?

That's what a homeless man did in West Palm Beach Monday night, police said, according to the Palm Beach Post

The man was sitting at a table in Centennial Square in downtown West Palm Beach when he started arguing with another homeless man. He got up, stabbed the man in the chest, and then sat back down, according to police.

The victim survived and identified his attacker, who was sitting at a table smoking a cigarette. The unidentified man was arrested.

Another man was arrested on charges of helping to dispose of the knife.

People sitting at other tables in the park said they did not even know the stabbing happened.

[Last modified: Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:42am]
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM,
As long as we're on the topic of good places to eat, I'm on the lookout for good meat. A place next to the Pemex near Central with a sign that says "Carnes Asadas en su Jugo" keeps catching my eye. Anybody been there?

Any suggestions for places to get carne asada that don't build a significant impuesto de las turistas into their price structure?
02-26-2013, 05:53 PM,
If Un Dia Sin Ti is the place below Barfly, I was there for lunch today. Really nice people and terrific food. No sign of anybody smoking and no smell of smoke (I'd have left, too), so either I got lucky or they've gotten wind of the fact that they were getting bad press.
04-02-2013, 10:34 PM,
Great burger place on Alonso. A few doors down from the bookstore, next to a bar called Chaac Cervecer?a, across the street from an ophthalmology office. The painted tile in the wall outside says "Botique Alonso - 14-B." Looks like a take-out place from the outside, but there's a nice seating area in back. Cheap, and the best burgers and fries I've had in Guanajuato.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passing On Economic Update DonMackenzie 0 1,491 08-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Last Post: DonMackenzie