The Forums of Guanajuato
Best Cheese - Printable Version

+- The Forums of Guanajuato (https://www.gtolist.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.gtolist.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Guanajuato Forums (https://www.gtolist.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Best Cheese (/thread-4027.html)



Best Cheese - KelzBelz - 11-26-2017

Hello -
I'm looking for a place that sells great cheese.

I'm looking for goat / sheep cheeses specifically - but also good artisanally made cheese in general.

Most of the markets I've found in Guanajuato only have Asadero / Ranchero / Panela (it's been difficult to even find Cotija sometimes)


RE: Best Cheese - roberb7 - 11-27-2017

At the west end of the Mercado Hidalgo, there's a booth that sells Mennonite cheese (a.k.a. Queso Chihuahuaense), cotija, and some other types.
Also, the Catando wine festival is happening Dec. 1-2. There was a vendor of high-quality cheese there last year.


RE: Best Cheese - MarionP - 11-27-2017

There is an excellent cheese shop in San Miguel I believe it is called Casa de Luna. They have what you are looking for.


RE: Best Cheese - pianoheat - 12-01-2017

Maybe not wanting to shop at Costco but they have a truffle infused mixed milk cheese that sends me to heaven 149 pesos for 200 grams also hit the wine festival today and tommorrow they have some nice cheese