The Forums of Guanajuato
Moving To GTO - Printable Version

+- The Forums of Guanajuato (https://www.gtolist.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.gtolist.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Guanajuato Forums (https://www.gtolist.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Moving To GTO (/thread-2906.html)



Moving To GTO - M Webber - 02-26-2015

Hello,
we (my wife, daughter and I) are moving to the GTO area after our house sells in several months. We are specifically looking to build a house on Property in the Lomas Del Sur subdivision outside of Santa Anna del Conde (Between Leon, Silao, and Romita) if anyone has info on that area I would welcome them.

I am interested to know what seems to be the best way to go as far as bringing personal property with us, or if it better to have one big garage sale in the US and replace our furniture there? And am I reading the post correctly that only 2003 2004 cars can be nationalized? That would explain the number of older cars for sale on the internet in Mexico at low prices, because they cant be legally registered?

My wife is a Mexican citizen, if it matters in our case, but I am interested for info on the proceedures, Menaja de Casa's, if border brokers ae needed and how to find / hire one, costs involved? It is very easy to get lost in the conflicting information available on the internet. Any and all info or ideas are welcome, I am hopng that someone that has done this recently will be able to save me some time and headaches.

I would appreciate any information that you or the group can provide that may help us in our move.

Thank you
Mike


RE: Moving To GTO - doncoulter - 02-26-2015

Go to rollybrook.com. Rolly has better information than anybody else, and he keeps his site up to date. After reading what he has to offer, come back here if you still have questions.

Regarding personal property, I'd go the garage-sale route. Sell or give away as much stuff as you can stand to part with, and buy new stuff once you move down here. Much easier that way, in my view.

Don


RE: Moving To GTO - doncoulter - 02-26-2015

Update: I've just learned that Rolly Brook died yesterday. http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/rip-rolly-brook-expats-oracle/


RE: Moving To GTO - sparksmex - 02-28-2015

Assuming you want a resident visa you'll be visiting a Consulate near you .... so ask them about a Menaje de Casa

Selling everything up north is not a bad idea. It's possible NO imports are being done


RE: Moving To GTO - jesm - 02-28-2015

A side note on your inquiry. Drove last week for first time around Santa Ana de Conde and found very major construction there for a new autopista connecting Leon to Salamanca. Not so sleepy anymore.


RE: Moving To GTO - mr bill - 02-28-2015

A side note on your inquiry. Drove last week for first time around Santa Ana de Conde and found very major construction there for a new autopista connecting Leon to Salamanca. Not so sleepy anymore.

Finally the 'missing link' in the red de autopistas. Hope it will greatly reduce traffic on the Irapuato-Silao-Leon highway. Also, the new road makes some more sense out of the other new one from the Puerto Interior to Romita - its not just to make access to jobs easier for those living in Romita but to get trucks in/out of the PI as well as it will intersect the new autopista.