The Forums of Guanajuato

Full Version: Hotels in Mexico Close to the Bus Station Norte
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Travelers:

We are planning a bus trip to Oaxaca and wonder if someone can give us a referral to a decent hotel very close to the bus station Norte.

Thank you.

James
Hotel Brasilia I stayed there once a few years back. It was decent. It is a bit of a walk from Term del Norte and taxis may be reluctant to take you there as it is both 'close' and on the 'wrong' side of the street viz traffic flow. You might be better off taking the metro from the bus station to a stop where there will be a closer hotel.

You can see a pretty good map on this site - you'll need to zoom in a couple of times.
https://www.booking.com/hotel/mx/brasili...tel_header

There is a bar in the hotel but for food, I don't remember a restaurant. There is street food on the corner,
From frequent trips I will offer that the general area surrounding Terminal Norte is not the best place for a stroll, even only a block or two. Nighttime, no way. Cab or Uber country.
Hotel Brasilia is the closest hotel to Terminal Norte. It's a couple blocks south on Lazero Cardenas - definitely walkable as long as you're not hauling oversized luggage and the sidewalks and street aren't flooded from a recent rain.

I stayed there 8 years ago to catch an early morning bus back to Gto. Experienced no problems. Room was comfortable and the breakfast decent. Neighborhood appeared to be marginal at night. I had taken a taxi directly there from the airport, late at night, and scooted right into the hotel. The door to my room had a simple, flimsy lock - no deadbolt nor secondary latch - definitely not secure.

There are other hotels a little further away (including a City Express at La Raza). In terms of walk-ability, all involve crossing a MAJOR thoroughfare. In terms of risk management, you'd be better off staying at the Brasilia, or taking a short taxi ride to/from the City Express.
Excellent info. Brasilia it is. Come in to the Norte, spend the night, and get back on the bus in the morning.

Thank you.

James
If your destination is Oaxaca, you can actually skip the hotel altogether. ADO is the leading bus service from CDMX to Oaxaca, and the high majority of their first class (ADO GL) and super deluxe (Platino) buses leave from the Tapo Lujo Terminal. In terms of service, IMHO, ADO GL is the equivalent of Primera Plus, and ADO Platino the equivalent of ETN.

Only a handful of buses to Oaxaca leave from Terminal Norte. A taxi from Terminal Norte to Tapo Lujo isn't that expensive, and the money you save on the hotel is about the same as the fare on the overnight ADO Platino bus.

While Terminal Norte has improved in the past few months (there's now a VIPS where Sala 2 used to be), it pales in comparison to ADO's terminal for deluxe buses - ADO Lujo.

ADO's website:
https://mobility.ado.com.mx/?utm_source=...amientoWeb
The goal is to go from GTO to Oaxaca as easily as possible. I was told that a stop in MEX is the best way to do it.

If there is a bus that just keeps moving from GTO to Oaxaca, that would be great even though it will be a very long day.

James
There is no direct service between Gto and Oaxaca. We've twice taken ETN to Terminal Norte; then a taxi from Terminal Norte to Tapo Lujo; then ADO Platino from Tapo Lujo to Oaxaca.

Reverse the course coming back as well.
What a fantastic ride. The autopista from below Puebla to Oaxaca is an engineering and construction marvel as it threads south thru the Sierra.
Pictures, more pictures!
ETN or Premera Plus to Terminal Note and then the taxi to the other station for the ride south?
Pages: 1 2