DO NOT HIKE ALONE TO THE CROSS
01-25-2011, 08:40 PM,
DO NOT HIKE ALONE TO THE CROSS
Today I had a very scary experience with my boyfriend while hiking to the big cross in Guanajuato. We were confronted by a group of five Mexicans who followed us up the Mountain and then proceeded to swarm us. We ran down the mountain with them chasing after us. It was a very scary experience and we are happy that we were not hurt. Please be careful while hiking in that area. We have contacted the police and they are aware of the situation.

Jessica
01-25-2011, 08:50 PM,
RE: DO NOT HIKE ALONE TO THE CROSS
Alas, you are not the first. maybe 3 years ago a similar incident happened to another couple. Groups would probably be the better idea. Sorry to hear of this kind of thing and glad you escaped harm.
(01-25-2011, 08:40 PM)Kolimpri Wrote: Today I had a very scary experience with my boyfriend while hiking to the big cross in Guanajuato. We were confronted by a group of five Mexicans who followed us up the Mountain and then proceeded to swarm us. We ran down the mountain with them chasing after us. It was a very scary experience and we are happy that we were not hurt. Please be careful while hiking in that area. We have contacted the police and they are aware of the situation.

Jessica
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM,
RE: DO NOT HIKE ALONE TO THE CROSS
(01-25-2011, 08:40 PM)Kolimpri Wrote: Today I had a very scary experience with my boyfriend while hiking to the big cross in Guanajuato. We were confronted by a group of five Mexicans who followed us up the Mountain and then proceeded to swarm us. We ran down the mountain with them chasing after us. It was a very scary experience and we are happy that we were not hurt. Please be careful while hiking in that area. We have contacted the police and they are aware of the situation.

Jessica

There being numerous crosses on numerous mountains around Guanajuato, could you please describe the exact location of the occurrence a little better? Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  La Bufa Hike johnd3d 0 1,104 05-22-2016, 09:38 AM
Last Post: johnd3d
  Moderate Thanksgiving Morning Hike, Thurs., Nov 27 louisarogers 0 1,196 11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Last Post: louisarogers
for sale Kangaroo and cross country traveler for sale mr bill 0 1,620 11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Last Post: mr bill
  La Bufa Hike stephen carew 1 2,425 03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Last Post: ELLIS ANDREWS