Expired FMT . . . 6 Years!
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM,
Question  Expired FMT . . . 6 Years!
Posted for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous:

Ok here is my dilemma.... I am married to a Mexican national and came to live in Silao in 2004. I have a son that was born here also, plus my 2 daughters that I brought with me from the US .

Well I have not been back to the US since I came. I came by plane then and did not need a passport at the time. I actually just got my passport last week, and it has never been stamped. I received my FMT and went on my way. Well the time has come now and I need to go home but I do not have my FMT that actually expired 6 years ago. In 2007 I went to immigration to ask about getting an FM3 and did not have enough papers with me to get one. Immigration kept my FMT and left me with nothing, so now what am I supposed to do?

I am told that if I leave by plane I will have to pay some fine, or I should leave by bus and no one will know anything. My friend just left Mexico on an expired FMT and they never asked her anything crossing by land.

Does anyone know what the fine is? Can I just say I lost it and I?ll be fine? I just found all this out and I was trying to leave by plane Monday. Can someone give me any advice? :huh:

Thank you
04-17-2010, 02:00 PM,
RE: Expired FMT . . . 6 Years!
(04-17-2010, 01:30 PM)mikeholgate Wrote:  Posted for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous:

Ok here is my dilemma.... I am married to a Mexican national and came to live in Silao in 2004. I have a son that was born here also, plus my 2 daughters that I brought with me from the US .

Well I have not been back to the US since I came. I came by plane then and did not need a passport at the time. I actually just got my passport last week, and it has never been stamped. I received my FMT and went on my way. Well the time has come now and I need to go home but I do not have my FMT that actually expired 6 years ago. In 2007 I went to immigration to ask about getting an FM3 and did not have enough papers with me to get one. Immigration kept my FMT and left me with nothing, so now what am I supposed to do?

I am told that if I leave by plane I will have to pay some fine, or I should leave by bus and no one will know anything. My friend just left Mexico on an expired FMT and they never asked her anything crossing by land.

Does anyone know what the fine is? Can I just say I lost it and I?ll be fine? I just found all this out and I was trying to leave by plane Monday. Can someone give me any advice? :huh:

Thank you

Hi,

This is Martha Roberts. Have your friend contact me at: 732-0856. I can tell him what to say at the airport...
When you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing.
04-17-2010, 02:19 PM,
Thanks, Martha. Will do!:)

This is Martha Roberts. Have your friend contact me at: 732-0856. I can tell him what to say at the airport...
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM,
(04-17-2010, 01:30 PM)mikeholgate Wrote:  Posted for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous:

Thank you

Hi. Couldn't you just "be here" on a Tourist Visa and say you've lost it? Sometimes when I fly in, they don't stamp anything in my passport so I can't imagine having no stamps is a problem. One time I really did lose my Tourist Visa so, when I tried to fly out of Leon, they sent me to the Immigration Office in the airport, charged me 500 pesos, and issued me a new one. Then I went back to the check-in desk (Continental), they took the Visa, and I went on my way. If this doesn't work, I'd call Martha (http://www.mexicanliving.us). Good luck. Terri

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's up for New Years Eve suzanl 2 273 01-01-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: suzanl
  What's up for New Years Eve suzanl 0 132 12-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: suzanl
  Places you know but what were they like 100 years ago? raquelita 0 595 03-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: raquelita
  What will you remember from this year's Cervantino in five years? raquelita 4 2,016 11-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: roberb7
  July 4, Gto, 1998: a memory from 15 years ago raquelita 2 1,440 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Last Post: raquelita
  Want to Buy Honda CRV about 10+ years old AWD Jzmackenzie 0 783 06-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Jzmackenzie
  Another Aduana Question-Expired TIP Solo 3 2,051 05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
  "This Home Will Last 100 Years " THANK YOU for making that possible!! Jzmackenzie 0 1,023 05-08-2013, 06:15 AM
water 2011 Mexico Worst drought in 70 years The Duck 1 1,516 11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: GTOvisitor
  Dog Years Doggie bow wow 1 1,156 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Last Post: meroberts