Diane Reiner
09-09-2019, 11:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 11:39 PM by roberb7.)
Diane Reiner
Diane Reimer, who moved here from the US within the last week to start a new life, had a stroke today (September 9, 2019) and died.
Her sister, Laurene, is flying down from Portland to make arrangements. One thing that she will need help with is, Diane's cat will need a new home.
09-10-2019, 08:14 AM,
RE: Diane Reimer
Such terrible news. We were to meet her for the first time this week after corresponding for several months before she made her retirement move to GTO.
Just days ago she was asking about adapting to the altitude saying she was having bad headaches but excited with her new home.
RIP.
09-10-2019, 09:26 AM,
Horrible news and so sad for her family, having had the happiest of times turn into the saddest.

My deepest condolences to the family.

We do have an animal rescue group here and hopefully someone can speak up who might find a home for the cat.
09-10-2019, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM by roberb7.)
RE: Diane Reiner
The cat has been adopted.
09-16-2019, 10:06 PM,
I looked online to see if there was a tribute or obituary and I could not find any information relating to this incident other than the links which bring me back here. Very strange.
09-17-2019, 11:19 AM,
There's some traffic about it in the Facebook group "Lovers of Guanajuato". https://www.facebook.com/groups/loversofguanajuato/
09-20-2019, 03:20 PM,
I found the information I was looking for ....

Laurene Mullen
New Member · September 18 at 8:47 PM

This is Diane’s sister again. This past week in Guanajuato has been, for me, a mixture of mourning and wonderment. SO many people have offered to help. Someone has taken her cat, her landlady has given me rides and dinner and chats on the porch, and Greg Stavroudis became my guardian angel helping to navigate the Mexican bureaucracy, waiting at agencies, translating officials, and accompanying me every step of the way. The result is that I will be able to leave this Saturday with Diane’s ashes and carry them back to our mother.

I want to thank all of you who have given offers of support and help. My major ache in all of this is that Diane who often felt lonely would have been so moved by how many people had been touched by her life. How many people wanted to know her better and how many people loved her.

Thank you again everyone!
09-20-2019, 06:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 11:40 PM by roberb7.)
RE: Diane Reiner
The autopsy revealed that she died of a heart attack, not a stroke. She went to the Paseo de la Presa clinic the night before, complaining of pain in her neck and shoulder. They gave her a a pain killer. They wanted her to stay overnight for observation, and she declined.
09-23-2019, 06:38 PM,
Thanks Robert.
Just noticed that her name is spelled wrong in this thread. Her last name was Reiner.