Opening, Saturday, August 4th, 6 pm
07-31-2018, 03:36 PM,
Opening, Saturday, August 4th, 6 pm
Open invitation.
The artists:

Judith Jenya. Artist, poet, and humanitarian. The theme of her exhibition is "Colors of my Soul", and addresses landscapes, flora, and
people of Mexico. Her paintings are imaginative and colorful; they reflect her love of nature, people, and her life in San Miguel de
Allende. Judith has been an educator, and has worked in using art to heal people, especially children of wars. She was awarded the 2002
European "Humanist of the Year Award" for her work in the aftermath of the Bosnian war. She has been a fellow at The National Endowment for the Arts, in Washington D.C.

Bob Tchakalain. Also known as 'Shanghai Bob'. International photographer, humanitarian. Bob’s exhibition seeks to benefit The Salvador Madrano Education Fund, a fund established to sponsor the certification of teachers of the blind in Guanajuato. "My Photography mainly derives from everyday scenes easily passed by without notice. Even shots seemingly staged were not. Many subjects were photographed in Mexico, some in India. My work is simple in a technical sense. Hopefully moving for you, it is situational, evocative... My process is seeing...framing, and shooting. Most of my work was photographed using a Nikon camera. I have Been traveling since childhood, and have been at times a refugee, an immigrant; I was adopted by Guanajuato".

Manuela Theiss Garcia. Photographer, writer, director, Guanajuatense. The theme or her current Exhibition is “Stimulates”. Manuela along with Photography, Manuela has achievements in theater and film. She has written several plays, and has also directed and produced several theater performances. Manuela holds a masters degree in ELS, and has taught at university. She has spent 15 years volunteering as a correctional educator.

María Alférez. Photographer and independent ceramist. Maria develops artistic projects aimed at self-knowledg incompassing photographic
genres such as the conceptual, portraiture, and the abstract. Maria’s ceramic work ranges from utilitarian objects, to contemporary
figurative sculpture. One particularity to her work is her inclusion of human parts: mouths, hands and feet... Maria has participated in dozens
of exhibitions around the country in spaces such as the Fine Arts Center in San Miguel de Allende, and the Borda Garden in Cuernavaca Morelos. She also teaches workshops on Photographic Initiation, Creative Portrait, and Creative arts.

Todos invitados.
Los artistas:

Judith Jenya. Artista, poeta y humanitario. El tema de su exposición es "Colores de mi alma", y aborda paisajes, flora y la gente de México.

Bob Tchakalain. También conocido como 'Shanghai Bob'. Fotógrafo internacional, humanitario. La exposición de Bob busca beneficiar a El Fondo de Educación Salvador Madrano, un fondo establecido para patrocinar la certificación de maestros de ciegos en Guanajuato.

Manuela Theiss García. Fotógrafo, escritor, director, guanajuatense. El tema de su exposición actual es "Estimula".

María Alférez. Fotógrafo y ceramista independiente. María desarrolla proyectos artísticos dedicados a el auto-conocimiento.

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concierto August 2 Barbara 0 90 07-30-2018, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Barbara
  Concierto August 2 Barbara 0 102 07-18-2018, 03:39 PM
  RAVEN art opening Barbara 0 298 10-01-2017, 05:57 PM
  Special Violin Concert Saturday Gene Byron Barbara 1 376 09-28-2017, 10:15 PM
  Art Opening Sept 20 kasugie 1 407 04-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Last Post: kasugie
  San Miguel Organic Market on a Saturday? louisarogers 1 954 12-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Last Post: pianoheat
  THIS Saturday Final Exhibition in Gto! ARTIST RESIDENCY 0 631 09-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Last Post: ARTIST RESIDENCY
  Dance/movement class this saturday! ARTIST RESIDENCY 0 804 09-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Last Post: ARTIST RESIDENCY
  Job Opening: English Teacher and Office Assistant [email protected] 0 777 08-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Last Post: [email protected]
  Re-Minding you of the presentation, Saturday 20 June at noon. Doyle Phillips 0 702 06-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Doyle Phillips