VPN network
12-12-2017, 11:22 AM,
VPN network
Hello....does anyone know the name of a reliable VPN private network I can join , that works well with streaming US T.V. Shows? I have Bettenet, it doesn’t work. Thank You Sarah, GTO Centro
12-13-2017, 11:25 AM,
RE: VPN network
I've been using BoxPN for several years now. It works OK when I want to access CBC* or US Netflix. It doesn't work with Hulu, and I don't know of any VPN that does.

* That's right, BoxPN differs from a lot of VPN's in that they have servers in several countries, not just the US.
12-13-2017, 01:00 PM,
It is my experience that a VPN only changes your location so you are more difficult to find. It also keeps Netflix from working. I use Hidemyass.com. If you want US TV try USTVNOW.com ABC,NBS and CBS are free. You can sign up for more access. Check it out. I use Kodi TV. It is what is inside many of the boxes that are sold. Check it out at Kodi.tv. That is their full site address. Download the latest version. It is changed often since programmers are free to change anything. It is not intuitive. I go to Youtube on one computer to find a tutorial and I go back and forth to the computer that has Kodi downloaded. On Youtube, the videos from Mchanga are the best. My opinion only. Check it out. Be sure to hide your location with a VPN before you do this. There are tons of places to go for current TV, current movies. Lots of stuff. Check it all out on kodi.tv. Have fun.
12-14-2017, 05:32 PM,
I use Encrypt.me (formerly called Cloak). It started out as Mac/iPhone/iPad only but now they offer Android, Amazon Fire, and Windows (beta) apps. It allows you to change what country you appear to be coming from, and offers more than a dozen US cities. Sometimes Netflix & Amazon Video complain about me using a VPN, but usually if I just switch the VPN to a different US city, they stop complaining.

You can try it for free for 14 days. After that it's $9.99/month or $99.99/year (unlimited data for both plans). It's fairly easy to use, and they have very responsive tech support.

https://encrypt.me/apps/
12-19-2017, 12:47 PM,
StrongVPN has been reliable in the past and is good about it's constantly changing server IPs without the "hey look at me - I'm a VPN" strategy as other companies like "hidemyass.com" are famous for doing, which makes it more difficult for streaming companies to keep track of and thus continue to block.

If you are a high-tech-tinkerer and also maintain a home in the US and at your home you maintain a broadband setup with 10M down / 3up or better internet speed, you can install a Linux based router that has enough memory and is capable of running the OpenWRT suit of firmware and with that router and firmware, install OpenVPN package and then use your home network as your VPN. None of the streaming, banking, etc. companies can catch this type of setup to block it because the IP of your home will not be a known IP address that is used by many of the VPN company clients so the streaming company will not be aware of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSX VPN? datgnat 2 123 05-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: datgnat