Pizza Oven
04-19-2017, 12:29 PM,
Pizza Oven
Looking to hire a person to construct a pizza oven and BBQ. Anyone know of someone?
Thanks
04-21-2017, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 08:06 AM by mr bill.)
RE: Pizza Oven
I built this one twice
[Image: horno.jpg]
The first time inside my old, larger kitchen and then later on the roof terrace. Door came from the now defunct junkyard near the RV park.. Burners from any hardware store. Builder was Maestro Sergio Garcia Hernandez who lives in Sta Teresa. He doesn't have a phone or car [worked faithfully and reliably for me for over 15 years]. Gas and hardware installation was by Ramon Flores. If you are interested I'll see if I can find contact info for Ramon who can contact Sergio. Tiles by Rene Olguin at Mexhapati in Dolores. There is asador on the left side under the removable marble counter top. Under the right side are gas safety valves and a storage area.
-- the brick footings were only temporary and were removed

Here in Khon Kaen -boy do I miss GTO- I do stovetop pizza in a 32cm super no stick frypan. Comes out pretty good. Here's a video instructivo [not exactly my recipe but it gets the process across. Three changes that can be made are 1) the crust really doesn’t need to be flipped and 2) careful on using a lid as cheese can separate - I don't use a lid. 3) German non-stick pans here incredible. Its over a year now and I haven't added any oil to a pan other than our wok [which isn't German].
04-21-2017, 07:53 AM,
GTO misses you as well, and your great pizzas on the terrace. Chicken with peanut butter, yes you read it correctly, ummmmm!
04-21-2017, 09:03 AM,
Thanks Jes - Balsamic vinegar was the magic link
04-21-2017, 04:50 PM,
Mr. Bill, how hot does that oven get?
04-21-2017, 06:49 PM,
I have had it as high as 700F but normally ran it around 500F
04-22-2017, 01:41 PM,
You have likewise enjoyed Susan's great homemade pizza pies. They are baked perfectly at 450f in her trusty Mabe.
04-23-2017, 07:50 AM,
Thanks Mr Bill, I think we will attempt construction ourselves also. We are going to do a wood burning oven. Did you use any special bricks in constructing?
04-23-2017, 10:19 AM,
Hi Marion - bricks - it was a mix of Cuña for the dome, some Petatillo fot the base perimeter and Tabique for the rest - Just ordinary brick from the brickyard out a little past Chahuistle.

Truth be told given out pizza making technique it was a gas guzzler. First we'd preheat the over and the pizza 'stone' [ a barro bottom plate from a large maceta]. As the baking temp neared we'd have the dough sized and folded in quarters. Next one person would remove the hot stone and place it on the marble prep counter. The dough would then be laid on the stone and un-quartered/unfolded. Sauces [usually pesto based ] and toppings would be applied as the pizza sort of pre-baked. Once the pie was sufficiently dressed it would go back into the oven a few more minutes for the finish. We always used the best ingredients we could source (here in Thailand I can now get 00 Italian pizza flour].

I got involved in this project because I was appalled by locally made pizzas esp those featuring hot dog slices.

Good luck on your wood fired project! You'll need a larger dome and larger circumference base but a relatively easy, low tech job - just Google for how to's

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pizza to recommend DML 0 779 09-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Last Post: DML