Remember seeing horseradish anywhere?
02-12-2018, 09:58 PM,
Remember seeing horseradish anywhere?
I am looking for the root or the type that is ground in liquid in a jar (refrigerated or not), but not the stuff that is creamy mixed with something like mao. THANKS!
02-13-2018, 10:36 AM,
RE: Remember seeing horseradish anywhere?
I have searched also and have come up empty handed. Going to the US in early March and bringing some back with me.
02-13-2018, 11:49 AM,
If you can find Atomic brand get that. A little goes a long way. It has to be refrigerated so pop it in the freezer before you travel, it is worth it.
Mike

02-13-2018, 02:45 PM,
Okie dokie. Thanks for your kind responses. Let's everyone keep an eye peeled.
02-13-2018, 08:04 PM,
I have been looking also. A substitute that sometimes works is regular radishes. While they are not as spicey they are better than nothing in Cocktail sauce for boiled shrimp.
02-17-2018, 06:31 PM,
I just found fresh prepared horseradish (not the cream) in San Miguel de Allende. I bought an extra bottle, one more than I need and the first person who responds here to this, I can meet you Monday anywhere between Plaza Mexiamora and Plaza San Fernando around 1PM on this coming Monday when I will be going out for a walk and lunch. I could make it a different day but I like to go out and shop on Mondays after a restful weekend.

This is the one:
http://www.shopwell.com/morehouse-prepar...1120900104

The bottle is sealed and although it only requires "refrigerate when opened", I bought it in a downtown market which has it refrigerated and have kept it so. It has a sealed plastic around the top and the price on top 60 pesos is what I will trade you for, the cost of it. The expiration date is Aug of 2018.
Post here if you are interested. Otherwise if no one is, I'll just pour it out into a ziplock and freeze for later.
03-24-2018, 02:46 AM,
I've found it sometimes in HEB in Leon. Also, at the Plaza Mayor, there's a new fancy Commercial Mexicana with lots of "gourmet" stuff. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What will you remember from this year's Cervantino in five years? raquelita 4 3,402 11-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: roberb7