The Forums of Guanajuato

Full Version: WiFi / phone guru in GTO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m looking for someone who is experienced in Telmex modems & WiFi extenders for a multiple structure building. Specifically I want someone who could assess the buildings and determine if one service from Telmex with hardwired repeaters / extenders would work. Anybody here know such a person / company? I do have Telmex scheduled to come out, but a second opinion would be good. Thanks!
((( Pardon the break in continuity but this post has been removed at the author's request )))
Our apologies to anyone who is affected.
Gracias! Confirmed ( and more) my instinct to hardwire access points. First test will be this weekend, as I found cat5e at reasonable prices ( sadly blue) at the satellite shop on Sangre de Christo. Fortunately we are building so the cable can be snaked in conduit in walls. I’ll check into the routers etc. thanks!
((( Pardon the break in continuity but this post has been removed at the author's request )))
Actually bought a TP Link mesh system that’s working perfectly at this point. Ran Cat5e to the center of the construction and placed the other two units in the main house at different levels. I have excellent coverage and speed. And best thing: still only one Telmex service.
Thanks for all the suggestions.